Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

Does a drunk driver after being pulled over ..

Customer Question

Does a drunk driver after being pulled over for speeding.. Need to be charged with said offence.. And if arrested be told there rights?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.They are usually charged with both the drink driving charge and the speeding offence.The court will deal with them both.When they decide to charge him they should advise him that he has the right to remain silent and that anything he says will be held against him. Also if it is being recorded they have to notify him of that as well.I hope this makes sense and is is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon