Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My ex partner and I are going through the IVF program in

Customer Question

Hi,My ex partner and I are going through the IVF program in South Australia, we went through the program before we separated, we have 3 embryos frozen, she wants to have a baby! which i said yes to! now she wants to have those embryo's destroyed because she detests me! she is going to find out if she can produce more eggs! and if so have have those frozen! my question is will i have to pay for her new eggs or only the ones that i have fertilised? as i don't have much money. were only together for just on a year on only lived together for 3 months.I have already spent more than $50,000 on various things like, a new car,a/c in the house, and many other things. i known thats my stupid fault for spending the money.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello
There is a need to look at the agreement with the IVF arrangement.
I would suggest not however, if you are now no longer together and she wants to go it alone.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Daniel, this is only the start of it, we have been arguing since december when i left. i wish i had copies of the agreement, like i said I'm in Sydney and she is in Adelaide! i just want to know my rights as a future parent! can she take me to court over this? because she has threatened me with this! i have never denied that i would stop her from having a baby! but now she wants to have the eggs destroyed because she hates me! and what I can gather is wants me to pay for her new ones if she can produce eggs again! i am 50 yrs old & she is 38 Yrs old and has had breast cancer! she came off her treatment to have this baby! where would i stand in court with something like this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Helloit is best to speak on the phone in such matters.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloI note I have not heard back from you.I wish to assist you, please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions if any after doing so at no further cost.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Daniel. Am waiting for a reply from my ex before i can go any further. Thanks for your reply.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
ok