Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

June 2013 , i won an Ebay auction of a 1892 Tangye gas engine , the reserve was $60,000,

Customer Question

June 2013 , i won an Ebay auction of a 1892 Tangye gas engine , the reserve was $60,000, my winning bid was $86,100, after the auction had ended , the seller sent a message stating there was a problem with this sale, and they where not going accept my payment , they refused all my options to pay them , including closing there bank accnt.
, i even went to there home to pay them in person ,but they still didn't wish to go ahead with the sale , I have just found out the have just sold the same Tangye gas engine to the Launceston museum $169000, the money coming from the
National Cultural Heritage Account ,
i believe a contract was entered into when i won the ebay auction and i believe i still have a contract to purchase this item for $86100 purchase this item , i believe the seller is in the wrong , and i wish to pursue the seller for damages , also i have suffered public defamation by what the seller posted online post the ebay sale ,
Please let me what can i do ,
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You do have a contract with them and you have to look at the terms and conditions of Ebay when it comes to your rights. This is what governs the responsibility of the parties. I am not sure what they have posted online but if it has affected your reputation and it is false then you can sue for that in defamation.