Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

There :) JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this.

Customer Question

Hi There :)
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We have taken in a young boy 16 years old. Lovely boy ... he won't return home. His mother is very agressive. There has been a family breakdown. They have confirmed they won't be paying towards anthing ... bus medical school etc. The school has suggested he declares himself an independent minor. Can you make some suggestions.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Not really ... we are happy to provide him with a safe and happy environment. We want him to continue with his education and are here to help him.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jus wondering if he can get youth allowance to help him with his studies txt books and a few living expenses.
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do you have any orders from a court?Do you have anything from the parents in writing that they will not be contributing anything?