Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My father has pass on 8 months ago and now I am trying to find

Customer Question

my father has pass on 8 months ago and now I am trying to find his super but I think I need to find his tax number first, is this right???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: only got my fathers name
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.
What are you trying to find?"super"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes and see if he has any taxes to pay??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes his super and to see if got taxes to pay, he was 79 years old when he passed on ,
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.If you do not have his tax file number you should be able to use his full name address and date of birth. They should be enough to track it through the ATO.If you have his tax file number it will make it easier. If he was working before he died then he will have to do tax returns. Here is the link form the ATOhttps://www.ato.gov.au/calculators-and-tools/check-your-super/I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.I have responded before. Is there anything else I can assist you with?