Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I stopped working and then I am diagnosed with

Customer Question

Hi I stopped working and then I am diagnosed with schizophrenia so can I claim total and permanent disability insurence held in my super
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good eveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You need to get your doctor to advise that you have a total and permanent disability and cannot work. If he will not give you that diagnosis then you cannot apply.It is all dependent on your medical reports. If your doctor has said you cannot work and backs this up then you can apply. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon