Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

L brought a motorhome ,it was sold registered and l have tranfered

Customer Question

l brought a motorhome ,it was sold registered and l have tranfered the registration into my name . lwas oranising a roadworthy certificat and now have found that the roof is rusted out .can l claim reinburstments from the previus owner as lwas assured it would pass the roadworthy without any problem this has cost me alot of money to purchase. and we are not happy to find that it would be better off down the tip . yours sincrtly rudy vergunst
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.
HelloWell if they made the representation that the vehicle would have no issue passing registration, then you can rely upon that and seek compensation. Clearly you purchased the vehicle on the promise that the vehicle would be fit for use and pass a registration check, that now is not the case. I would have a quote undertaken on the repair bill, send it to the seller and have them pay it, or face a claim at VCAT. https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/VCAT is an informal tribunal where you can have a member (a tribunal version of a Judge) make a judgement call. Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also at no further cost to you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.
HelloI note I have not heard back from you.I wish to assist you, please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions if any after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.