Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

If a section of a color bond roof is fire damaged and the

Customer Question

Hi, if a section of a color bond roof is fire damaged and the color cannot be matched due to the discontinuation of that color, (about 5 years ago) should the Insurance Company be expected to re roof the entire property with a "similar" color?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Unfortunately they do not have to replace the whole roof. They are only obligated to repair the damaged part and try and match it as best they can. Have you contacted the manufacturer and asked if they have a similar colour? The insurer is slack with this so the more you can provide them the better. Alternatively if the colour is available have them paint the new panels with the colourbond colour that is suitable for outdoors.