Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

If you go from being actively employed to absolutely nothing,

Customer Question

If you go from being actively employed to absolutely nothing, not even a response from 100 ads applied for every 2 weeks...Your Qualifications have always been ok for the briefs within the construction industry for more than 10 years, you ask the question, why......your Qualifications have never been a problem, but you have noticed ongoing harassment by colleagues and staff, when employed to get a negative reaction over the last 5 years...this i believe was deliberate, i also believe that this was known by appropriate governing bodies with nothing ever having been done......My question is:
What is my best course of action-i have tried going to an ombudsman and have been fobbed off with them saying i should approach a lawyer.....what should i do...i now find myself highly qualified and unemployed for more than 8 months.......that being with all the applications ..
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.The ombudsman is not going to assist you with this. If you feel that you are being discriminated against then you have to provide evidence. When you were getting negative reactions 5 years ago what did you do about it, it is documented?