Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am EPOA exam husband, as well as his biological brother

Customer Question

I am EPOA for my exam husband, as well as his biological brother . It is in place that we both make decisions jointly.
My ex husband is very sick and been referred to Palliative care for planning for end of life care. My ex husband has an adoptive family who do not approve of my being his EPOA. Given the dire situation of his health are they able to change his EPOA. One of his adoptive brothers has already asked my exhusband for money for some fishing venture he has with PNG
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloYes is the short answer. With respect, it would be in the best interests for all if it be the case. Is his mental state ok? If so he can just re sign a new EPOA form and reassign someone else. Secondly you can relinquish the role by way of signing your right away. They can also make a claim here, but I do not think it is necessary:http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/guardianship-for-adults-mattersPlease click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloI note I have not heard back from you. ​I wish to assist you,Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions if any after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.