Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My defacto partner has been stealing money from my internet

Customer Question

Hello my defacto partner has been stealing money from my internet banking using my cards at the atm and stealing cash to feed her drug habbit i found out she has i tried many way to stop it but no such luck we have a 8 month old daughter and i work away for 8 day and im worried about my daughter what can i do i have broke up with her a month a go but she hasnt left yet we been together about 2 years her drug use started after my dauter was 3 months she has never payed a cent for any thing since she moved in. can help me please.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

You can make an application to the Family Court to have custody of your daughter and seek orders that your partner get treatment and any contact she has with the child she has to be clean.

In relation to the stealing if you did not give her your PIN and she stole it this is a criminal offence and you can report her to the police and seek to get the money she has stolen back.

These are really your only options. It is not going to be a simple task because you work away and you will have to try and find alternative work to make these orders work so you are able to look after your daughter.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards