Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am on a 457 Visa and have left my last workplace over a

Customer Question

Hi there,I am on a 457 Visa and have left my last workplace over a month ago. Normally you have 3 months to find a new sponsor under 457 law, but I've recently been misdiagnosed and had a severe illness due to that.I now only have 1 month to secure sponsor under my 457 visa. Can I request an extension as I have been unwell for nearly a month now?Thanks,
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to say but you cannot get an extension of time. You have to comply with the visa. Wi sponsored you initially?