Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I want to get out of a contract I was forced into, I went to

Customer Question

I want to get out of a contract I was forced into, I went to look at a car, and got pushed into signing documents, they backed me into a corner, I had no control over what was happening, they made the decisions, I was told I was buying the car, I was in shock and numb. it was like they had a spell over me, how can I cancel this contract
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 8 months ago.

Can you explain how they pressured you into signing?

It is sometimes the case that salespeople will use tactics that are prohibited by law, but it can be difficult to cancel a contract unless you can identify exactly what they did and establish that it was in fact a prohibited approach, so you need to be very specific about what they did, how you felt and why you ultimately agreed to sign a contract which you weren't happy about.

Accordingly, please provide a detailed account and I will try to assist you.