Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Phil I own a newsagency and employ a worker on Friday 12pm

Customer Question

phil I own a newsagency and employ a worker on Friday 12pm till 9pm and on sat 5am till 12pm the employee has started a second job working night shift from 10pm til 8am starting sun finishing Friday with a 4hr break between finishing and starting with me is this all right to keep her on with short turn around
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: fatigue works all week night shift than on Friday finishes 8am start with me at 12pm for a 9 hr shift
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking about terminating her?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
keeping her on if possible
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

There is a guideline policy that you have to follow.

The following link is the dismissal code

You need to speak to her and come to a resolution and if she cannot meet your requirements and you have followed the code then you can dismiss her without he being able to successfully sue you.

You have to be careful that you are not being harsh and unfiar.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
were do I stand if she hurts herself ( falling of a chair if she falls asleep)
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

If she is falling asleep she is not able top do the job and you have to advise her of that.
Your insurer will not cover you but you have to talk to her about it and issue warnings.