Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

Last year I appeared in court first time ever driving

Customer Question

Last year I appeared in court for a first time ever driving offence in NSW. I was given a section 10. I was advised by my solicitor that I didnt need to inform my employer as there was no conviction and no loss of license. I needto renew my police check and am just checking..does a section 10 offence appear on a police check? Thanks Sarah
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I will check with my solicitor tomorrow. The advice he gave me then was that a section 10 will not appear on a police check hence that i didnt need to inform my employer
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

That is correct but if you are going to work with children the section 10 will be disclosed.

Otherwise it will not appear at all.

Here is some more detailed information about section 10 dismissals.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.