How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43480
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just want to know if I can bring my fiancé from overseas

Customer Question

Hi I just want to know if I can bring my fiancé from overseas straight after I got my divorce in Australia . Please let me know if it's possible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a relation ship with a man overseas and I have separated from my exhusband for 16 months and doing my final divorce in Australia and want to know if I Can apply for the person I want to marry from overseas straight after I get my divorce or do I have to wait for some time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Are you planning to marry when she is here?

If that is the case you can apply for a prospective marriage visa

This is your best option.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My friend told me that I have to wait 5 years after my divorce before I apply for some one to marry from over seas so I want to know if it's true and if the prospective visa is some thing I can do so I don't have to Waite the 5 years . Can u please let me know . Thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

No that is not correct.

If your first wife was bought in on a partner visa then it is 5 years after she was approved.

But if not your divorce has nothing to do with the marriage visa.

Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

Good Morning

My apology I was not logged on when you requested the phone call.

Are you still after a call? I can call you later this afternoon I am in Melbourne and flying back to sydney today