Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

The underground wiring went on an exterior complex light

Customer Question

The underground wiring went on an exterior complex light almost 2 years ago. They connected a light to my garage wall using my power. They said it was fixed then admitted it wasn't and admitted liability. After all this time an electrician came today and did new wiring to connect the power to the main meter box. I can still turn the light on and off at my fuse box in the kitchen. When I checked this tonight I also lost power to my kitchen power points and the refrigerator power point. Next week Spotless takes over maintenance. The department admits they don't care at this stage. They also said Spotless will not want to fix a problem caused by another maintenance company. Before Christmas they gave a fortnights rent credit and paid a power bill. Where do I go from here ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Complex power has been attached to a tenants supply and not the department of housing because the underground wiring went. This new light burns outside for 8 to 9 hours and we are paying for it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello
I would advise to withhold rent until the light is wired up to the main common supply.
There is no reason as to why they cannot do this at all.
I realise another company does not want to remedy someone else's mistake, however it needs to be rectified.Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.
Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.