Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My daughter and her husband have split following multiple

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband have split following multiple domestic events. This was towards her. He was however slapping his 8 year old son across the head and hurting his daughter when changing her nappy.
Due to lack of official reports the courts may give him unsupervised visitations even though he has threatened to kill to the children if he can't have them permanently.
He pays no child support and refuses supervised visitations except when is mother is appointed as the supervised.
He has 6 previous accusations of domestic abuse which includes one from his mother and 4 from previous girlfriends.
Is he likely to get unsupervised visits? Molly is 2 , Malakai is 8 and their solicitor says that all children have the right of knowing both parents. My daughter has consistently said supervised visits for a year now, but he refuses this.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As I have already asked. Can we legally refuse on the interim orders if the children are not safe
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Come on please answer or I stop the payment
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Hello
The position is is, and its the courts view, not mine.
Courts take the view that the children have a right to see each Parent.
As, there is no reports from the police or Any government welfare agency, they have no other evidence to rely upon to restrict contact.
The courts view? If it was that serious, she would have contacted the police.
I would strongly suggest that the court will allow unsupervised, at least in the long run.
That's the issue.
Having the father threaten to kill the children? That alone warrants the police to get involved.I wish I can give better news. But cannot give false info that leads to false hope.Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.I can also speak on the phone for a fee.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.