Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

If someone is tracing me on the internet. Willingly

Customer Question

Hi, if someone is tracing me on the internet. Willingly searching for me in chat rooms. Somehow reading my emails and text messages on my phone and computer perhaps by looking over my shoulder at passwords and pins. Is that an invasion of privacy and what can I do.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

If they are using the internet to hack into your accounts this is a criminal offence and accessing your emails without your consent is a breach of privacy.

What evidence do you have?