How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5215
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had my licence suspended due to accumulation of

Customer Question

I have had my licence suspended due to accumulation of points fines that wernt mine that were given to someone else then reversed. I got my open licence back after being told by the court i couldnt drive for six months. I received a letter from dept of transport stating that i had my open licence but then to my surprise i got another letter from a fine that was from 1 yr earlier that wasnt me driving. I got a stat dec from the person driving the car and sent it of to the qld police but she must of somehow reversed it and it was sent back to me. I didnt chase it up as i thought i could apply for a special hardshio licence as i need my car as i am a company director with door to door sales team and i can prove it has affected my income drasticly. I am 43 and have only comited small offence and had my licence taken from me once in the past and drove while i was unlicensed not realising that i was suspended at the time.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
After the fine was sent back i received 1 point for 1 yr and lost that. So now i have no licence at all but havnt been suspended by a court just by dept of transport. I have to drive sometimes for work very little but am really worried about getting caught and ring suspended by a court. I was told to stop driving around start of december last year so i only have 3 months to go but have received more fines from other states perth and darwin for other people driving company hire cars which were booked through my company but was told that i wouldnt be driving them and gave a copy of the licenced driver they have issued the fines to me so im worried that when i do get my licence back they will take it again as i dont have a copy of the staff licence details but the car company does. I spoke to several.of them and they told me i couldnt get a copy of there details to reverse the fines.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Hello I can assist you over the phone also.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
In respect of the matter, as you able to categorically confirm each offence and the driver at fault?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would have to request from each state to reissue the fines as im not sure which ones if all have been sent to me.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unless i can do it from qld police would they all be linked up cause i have a qld licence?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Most fines were from when my licence was suspended
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will these be applied after i get my licence back.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Queensland courts would generally only look at Qld offences.
I would suggest a licence appeal in the court, outline all offences and the like and make submissions to the court that the offences were conducted by other parties and apply for your licence to be reinstated.