Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

On Thursday the 17th of March 2016, I ( along with numerous

Customer Question

On Thursday the 17th of March 2016, I ( along with numerous others from Qld and Vic ) were made redundant , and told what our package would be . Told that it has to be signed and handed back by the 22 March or we would not receive the same amount that was shown. Also there is legal document to be sign that we cannot discuss this with anyone or media . Please can you advise myself asap as I have to put this in my tomorrow . Thank you Bruce
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

How long have you been with them? You should not sign anything without showing it to a solicitor and getting advise on its implication on you for future employment.

They cannot force you to hand them a document when they want you have a right to have it looked at by a solicitor and seek amendments to it.

How many employees do they have?