Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am a councillor. recently I answered a ratepayers letter

Customer Question

I am a councillor. recently I answered a ratepayers letter to council that complained about the dangerous condition of the road. I live on the same road. in my response I agreed that the road was dangerous and said that I would support their letter in council. (their letter requested the road be fixed as it was dangerous ).
did I have a conflict of interest
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Are you an employee of the council and is your job to respond?