Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Is there a cooling of period. we have signed a contract but

Customer Question

Is there a cooling of period for caravan. we have signed a contract but haven't paid a deposit and the dealer has witness is own signature is this contract still valid ? we have changed our mind.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: in the witness section the dealer has put his own name and also his own name in the acceptance part of the contract also has signed in the witnessed part of the contract. so there is no third party on the contract to witness the dealers signature
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Did the contract state there was a cooling off and did the seller advise you of one?

Do you have a copy and what state are you in?