Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My ex owes me a debt. I live in qld and he is in qld. I have

Customer Question

My ex owes me a debt. I live in qld and he is in qld. I have just handed the matter to debt collectors but I would like to take a lien on his house. Is it too early for ne to do it? Can I do it myself? How do I start the process ? Thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is in nsw
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Do you have a written loan agreement or was the loan informal, or something inbetween?