Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My son was abused as a child at the age of 5 -6 years in a

Customer Question

my son was abused as a child at the age of 5 -6 years in a country town. he is now 37yrs. the person was a family friend and parish priest.all his life he has lived with anxiety and panic attacks with flash backs. his short term memory has always been poor and has always had learning problems,he puts it down to panicking when someone in authority asks him a question. im so worried about his mental health he has come home to the family home recently and is trying very hard to getting well mentally and physically. to watch my son struggle with his health has been unbearable for me and it has got to the stage where he really isnt coping. he is unable to work because of his anxiety and poor memory.he would really like to feel useful in this world. he sees no future for himself. he visited a psychologist last week she suggested my son get some legal advise as it could give him closure and move forward in his life. please can you point us in the right direction. ive tried to phone for advise but i never get to speak to an adviser. regards clare
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
He clearly would have a claim.
http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/public-hearings/case-studies

I suggest contacting them immediately as the commission is occurring as we speak
http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/contact-us/

Not that I work for this firm, but they do good work:
https://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/rest/institutional-abuse

I suggest contacting them.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello...thanks ..will contact them on Monday..appreciate your advise...Clare...
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

All the best with it.
Please rate my service.
Thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.