Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My friend was caught shoplifting an amount of just under

Customer Question

Hi, my friend was caught shoplifting an amount of just under $400 recently and is worried what penalties ahe will face, unfortunately she was also caught shoplifting about 8 years ago. What will happen to her.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No she hasn't, I don't think she can afford one.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No, she is a good person who made a really stupid decision.. She hasn't been in any other trouble since the first offence about 8 years ago..
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

What state did this happen in and why did she do it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It happened in Canberra and she was actually with someone who stole grocery items. She didn't take anything but was aware of the situation.
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Evening

She is an accessory.

Did she do anything to try and stop the other person?