Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My ex partner has taken my dog without my consent and moved

Customer Question

My ex partner has taken my dog without my consent and moved away. Now I paid for fully out of my bank account. Yes we were together when I purchased her. Is there anyway I can get my dog back or even some of the money I paid for her.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Well the dog is not a dependant, it is still a possession, so it would be considered theft.
You would be able to contact the police and have the dog provided back to you or face criminal charges.

You would be able to seek compensation from him in a civil action, but that action seems to be a bit remote, it is in the context of family law, de facto laws and contribution, so I would not suggest that avenue.

Contact the police, have them call your ex partner and have the dog given back to you before any criminal action takes place.

I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.
Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.