Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My grandson is 13 years old lives with he's mother she has a

Customer Question

Hi my grandson is 13 years old lives with he's mother she has a new boyfriend and leaves him home alone at night with he's two younger siblings 5 & 3 sometimes there is older brother 20 years can he choose to live with me if he's father agrees
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: parents separated for years mother has 5 children 2 don't live with her then my grandson who is 13 then two other children 5 & 3
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

hello
At 13, a family court will be hesitant at best to make orders in any event.
If the child has a wish to reside with either parent or grand parent, they will do so and the court will accept same.
UNLESS there is significant reason not to. - Drugs / alcohol / domestic violence etc.
So in short, yes the child can chose to live with you.

Please rate my service and click accept. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.
Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.