Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I purchased a home here in Victoria Australia and find that

Customer Question

I purchased a home here in Victoria Australia and find that the swim pool has not been fully paid for and have further problems with serious water leak under driveway from works undertaken by previous owner. This water leak is not related to the swim pool. Thank you. Darryl Williams
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the poll builder claiming against you?

How do you know what the cause of the water leak is, and what problems is it causing?

Did you have a building inspection before you purchased?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pool builder in NOT claiming against me however I do have issues with equipment warranties that I do not own.
I know the cause of the water leak, inbuilt by others. Do not know how to find the works plumber as vendor very abrasive towards me and will not pass information.
I was guided by 2 year old building inspection issues when home was built. Darryl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am living in this $1.6M home and need to constantly switch off/on water. Leak detection plumber visited for 1 hour and found 1 leak but we located the other leak through my local plumber. I need leak detection plumber to visit again to confirm leak under driveway. This fellow took $300 and issued no receipt and refuses to visit to confirm second leak. What can I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unbeknown to myself the original owner, vendor carried out extensive pool, landscaping and driveway works and he or his plumber should be responsible for building in the faulty water works at the driveway. Do you feel I have any claim? Darryl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Patrick, I feel this is too involved. Please do not charge my credit card as I am not satisfied. Thank you. Darryl