Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I'm not sure if it's the right category but I'm wanting to

Customer Question

Hi I'm not sure if it's the right category but I'm wanting to find out how to get conditions of advo order varied.?
I'm not exactly sure but I think the police done it on my behalf?
It's against my partner who is the father of my 2 kids.. protected persons are myself and our 20month old son
Since being served we have had another child who I was pregnant with at time
There is no history of dv or violence between us and the order came about as a result of defendant breaking a window but was not to enter property or assault me was as a result of knocking too hard
I was in a position where I knew if I had not asked for the order I would hav lost our son as I had 4yrs prior lost 3children to FACS as result of dv with the taken children's father
Defendants did not appear at court so was given 2yr order as I was told is the norm when no appearance they're given maximum length?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Do you have a copy of the AVO from the court?