Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I want to find out if my divorce has been passed. The

Customer Question

I want to find out if my divorce has been passed. The application was filed in the Magistrates Court of Australia in Albury NSW. I have never received any notification, however that means nothing given my poor husband was horrified with having to divorce me.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Who filed the Divorce? If it was your husband are you saying you did not receive a copy of the filed document?

Or was it a joint application?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was my husband who lodged the application, at least he was supposed to have done.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening

If the court in the US is telling you that he has not filed the application then he has not done it.

Do you wish to divorce him?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you in Australia? I live in Wagga NSW so why would you ask me the question about the US. Give me some real answers and stop making me look a fool
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening

I am in Sydney.

Your husband did he serve you with the Application?

If not then you have to call Federal Magistrates Court hot line and they will be able to advise if an application has been filed.

They will not deal with the application unless he file an Affidavit of Service with your signature showing that you have acknowledged the document or a third party to confirm they handed it to you.

Here is the link for their contact details.

http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/contact-us/nec/

If there is nothing filed then he has not filed anything and you will have to file your own application.