Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

If some one is going to contest a will does that person have

Customer Question

If some one is going to contest a will does that person have to pay or does it come out of the estate.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
Well, it is a matter the solicitor representing the person contesting.
An agreement will be made to either pay up front OR have the solicitor paid at the completion of the matter and money taken from the estate, from the share of the person contesting.

Usually mediation occurs in any event, costs are discussed, then the matter settles.
In any event, what the will says usually is what happens. Reducing the entitlements to divisions of a 1/4, is not really enough to make a contested matter in court anyway, it just isn't cost effective.

Please rate my service and click accept. I am able to answer questions further after accepting at no further cost.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

I note I have not received a response?

I wish to assist you.