Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a court date coming up on the 18/03/2016 regarding 4

Customer Question

Hello, I have a court date coming up on the 18/03/2016 regarding 4 matters, Failure to appear, Driving of motor vehicle without a drivers licence sper suspended, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving an uninsured vehicle. I would like to know how I can improve my chances of keeping my licence or at the very least get a work licence. The driving offences are all from when I got pulled over on the 10/12/15. I had left the mechanics in my car after paying $2,297 on repairs to the vehicle and also got a safety certificate. I was on my way to the transport department to register the vehicle but I was intercepted by police on Browns Plains rd. I showed the police my receipt from the mechanics and also told them I was on my way to the department of transport. They told me they would photo copy the documents and mention it in the police report but they did not. Is there any way I can decrease the fine I will receive in court and ensure I keep my licence. Thank you. Adam Powley.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
Which state are you in?
Why was your licence suspended?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sper suspended it for unpaid fines. and im in Queensland.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

In Queensland you can apply for a licence to travel to and from work.
In respect of the offences, they are not terribly serious, it would be different if it were drink driving offences and the like.
You were also driving the vehicle to get repairs done / registration. It was not as if you were driving around 'willy nilly.'

Accordingly, the court would look favourable to you and would allow at the very least a licence for work purposes.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.