Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My name is wendy I have a big problem with Telstra I was

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** have a big problem with Telstra I was talked into a contract for my son and I can not afford The guy Jason that signed me up kept on referring to his trophy on the wall and it made me feel guilty if I walked away from what he was trying to tell me about the contract no matter how many times he explained it to me I didn't understand it because I have ASPERGES . I am not using my disability as you guy's think I might be but I was razed old school to be honest and so Iam and I need help my problem is I want OUT of this contract that I sighed yes but never understood it or what I was really sighing for Or how much it would cost me. I would like to GO ON TO PREE PAYED AGAIN PLEASE. But what TELSTRA are saying is that I have been apparently been payed $400 dollars twice so it has been added to my next bill which means my next bill because I thought I had payed a bill with my visa card for a $182.47 But the bank had taken three payments back without my knowledge and kept the money so the $182.47 was not payed but they reimbursed me $400 dollars because I was ahead until then. Then I got told my next bill wold be $800 and something dollars because they apparently payed me the $400 twice. and they wont stop the monthly payments coming in so I can pay it off. But I also went to Telstra to sort it out with Debbie Robbie from the SALVASHION ARMY and we were told by Telstra not to pay anything until it was resolved . now the bill is up to a thousand dollars and more it will be about I have been told about two thousand if contract is end's. I am a single mum on DSP and I also have Epilepsy and has been slightly play up a lot of stress starts it up. if there is any way possible you can help me please don't hesitate to contact me ASAP . from Wendy Krista PH(###) ###-####
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

How long is the contract for and did you tell him you did not understand and suffered from Aperges?

How long ago was this and did he advise you about a cooling off period?

Why are they paying you $400.00? have the terminated the contract and refunded you?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

Can you please reply here as opening a new question costs you money.

Are you able to give me more information and answer the questions I have asked.

I will guide you further but need to know

Also when did you enter this contract and how soon after did you go see them?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?