Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I'm finance broker and need some advise, I believe I have

Customer Question

Hi
I'm finance broker and need some advise, I believe I have done nothing wrong and believe there is no evidence against me that can be proven.
A branch manager who is an ex colleague of mine, referred me 3 loans for clients she could not help with, being a broker I have more options, all deals were above board etc, not issues there, no money or anything was exchanged for that just referring to a friend,
so far no issues, this friend today said a disgruntled employee of hers is angry at her and lodged a complaint saying she is a bully etc and then said she accepts money from brokers,
my friend alterted me of this, I thought nothing of it, there are some texts between us where she asks for juice yes juice lol, I say it will be ready soon etc, what juice is my fmaily have a large home and we prepare fresh orange and tomato juice from tomatos and organges we grow at home, and when we worked togehter I often gave er some infact other team members also got some, i guess my concern is if the bank looks at per personal not work mobile texts they will see that then they contact my aggregator and i could be accussed of not disclosing payments, as i have to do that, there was no money transferred between us and it's all innocent and the 3 loans are above board am i just thinking too much, also my collegue has multpile brokers she deals with and the complaint was not specific about me it appears the disgruntled employee is is angry at missing promotions etc
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I am at a loss as to see any issue here at all.
It is common to have clients referred to brokers and the like to see if they can get a better deal and the like.
Nothing shows anything that she, or you that is untoward at all, let alone illegal or unconscionable.

It is my submission that you are indeed thinking far too much and your assumption that this person is just disgruntled is spot on.

Please rate my service and click on the ACCEPT button. I am able to answer questions further also after accepting at no further cost to you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks mate referrals from bracnhes won';t effect me but it could effect and she may not be allowed to refer deals they bank can't do from my end if i pay some one for a referral the clients needs to know no payments were made, im just bit paranoid that that can mis inrerput the smsing that's all, but they can check all the accounts in the world no transfers etc
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

yes, and nothing you have just now said has not changed my advice.
Please rate my service, all the best.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
10 quick and fast and reassuring
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Sorry to be a pain, but there is an option on your end to click accept and leave feedback

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.