Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My name is ***** ***** and i have an issue regarding my

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and i have an issue regarding my father
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he works at a mine as a mechanic and has recently been stood down with pay pending investigation due to a safety issue. the thing is tho that the safety issue that they are talking about has been made up and falsified so they can gain some grounds to sack him
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
What exactly is the safety issue?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

As they are trying to use safety as a genuine reason to sack your father, it is grounds for dismissal.
It appears that perhaps having him stood down, with pay is only to show that they have done all they can to at least appear that they are doing the right thing.

I would suggest that as soon as he is terminated, file an application to fair work:

https://www.fwc.gov.au/resolving-issues-disputes-and-dismissals/dismissal-termination-redundancy/eligibility-remedies-0

They are able to make a judgement call in respect of the matter and give remedies such as up to 6 months pay and or his position back.

Please rate my service and click ACCEPT. I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.