Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

How do I have to wait until I do not have to report my

Customer Question

How long do I have to wait until I do not have to report my criminal record? Also, can I clean my record in any way?
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here... The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not yet.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: In 2012 I was convicted of Destruction of Specific property by fire. It was a downgraded charge from Arson, and I was sentenced to Two years immediate parole.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have no other recorded convictions.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Spent convictions can be applied for 10 years after the offence.
For such offences, they are perhaps to serious to apply for a spent conviction sadly.
I wish I could give better news, but cannot give false info which leads to false hope.
Is there any further assistance I can be of?

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/spent-convictions-scheme.aspx
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.