Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

We have a property in my and my wife's name in NSw with

Customer Question

We have a property in my and my wife's name in NSw with mortgagae. I want to take my name off. how do I do it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I will be going overseas for indefinite time to take care of my old parents
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I am a Solicitor here in NSW.
You need to get your wife consent from the bank to refinance and then have a property settlement (basically the same settlement as selling a home) to have your name removed and for the home to in your wife's name solely.

It is a simple procedure. BUT She needs the banks ok, that is the first thing. Once she has finance approved to have capacity to pay, then it is quite a smooth process.

Is there any further assistance I can be off?

Please click ACCEPT and leave feedback. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.