Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I was married in Fiji to a Fijian citizen on November 12

Customer Question

I was married in Fiji to a Fijian citizen on November 12 2013. We separated on March 6 2015. Do I have to go to Fiji to lodge the divorce papers? Also we have a child. Can I apply for a divorce with custody arrangements?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is not paying child support but other than that nothing that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello
If you reside in Australia, you can lodge the divorce here.
As it has been 12 months now, you can lodge it here. Quite easy, here is the details:
http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/diy-kits/kit-application-for-divorce

Please rate my service and click accept. I am able to answer questions after accepting also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.