Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My partner has court tomorrow set but over the adjourned

Customer Question

Hi there,
My partner has court tomorrow set for hearing but over the adjourned dates, has gotten other recent chargers which have all been set for the same day. Will we be able to get the recent chargers adjourned as it will be the first time before the courts?
Which my parnter was a passenger in his friends car they got pulled over and the police took a couple of items' suspected of been stolen& breaking in implements) which my parnter being a passenger in the car has been charged with the above charges and the driver of the car hasnt been charged or arrested for any of the property. Some of the "breaking in implements" what were found lose in the car were not his belongings at all and the 'suspected goods in custody' items have recently been given back to my parnter but charges for them being stolen are still going to be put to the court. I was just curious in how to go about such charges or how to fight the battle.
As part of his bail conditions he has been put on a curfew between 8pm ans 8 am to report daily, since the conditions were put in place he hasnt been able to work due to his work hours start anywhere between 5 am& 6am and some days he wont finish till 8 pm
Also as they have disqualified his license for two years and defected his vehicle he has to reply on lifts to work which majority tradesman leave by 6am which leaves no options open to make a living. Without him being able to work leaves him without being able to take suitable legal representation to have fair justice. . Is there anyway or chance for him to get bail conditions lifted to more suitable work ethical tactics so he can show the courts he works and does live up to the family/work responsibilities he faces day in and day out...
Your advice would be greatly appreciated
Thankyou for your time
Hope to hear from you soon
Hannah
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

They will all be dealt with separately.

What reason will he use to get an adjournment? Does he have representation?