How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43918
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. My question is in regards to a

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** *****. My question is in regards ***** ***** speeding fine (on the spot) in QLD
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My (on the spot) infringement notice has all of my details correct but the vehicle they have written down is a Hyundai Hatch. The vehicle is was driving is actually a Suzuki Sedan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

The registration details are correct and the police issued the find personally to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the registration is the same on the fine as is on the vehicle. But the vehicle make AND model is incorrect. Yes they personally issued it.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

You can challenge it on the error, but as the officer made the error he can give evidence that it was you and amend the ticket with the courts consent.

I would suggest that you write to the infringement bureau in your state and ask that it be withdrawn and advise them of the error.

They have the right to withdraw it.

To take it to court you will not be successful it will be corrected and you will be asked to pay the fine.

I hope this make sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.