Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I just sold my car and signed the papers, But didn't receive

Customer Question

HI I just sold my car and signed the papers, But didn't receive the money. I still have my car though, I was going to meet him tomorrow. But I have been told the car is legally his now?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 1 year ago.

Just noticed this is from Australia. This is a U.S.A category. I will opt out out and fie a miscat report.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Have they taken the car? If they have then you should report them to the police as it is theft and obtaining a benefit by deception.

If they have simply just not paid then you have no choice but to re-advertise the car and re-sell it. Depending on how you sold it you may be able to give the buyer a negative rating fro failing to pay.

There is very little else you can do. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards