Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My previous employer after 2years is holding me back from

Customer Question

my previous employer after 2years is holding me back from building my own business. im a hairdresser and worked there for 7years and in that time was taught these type of hair extensions by Vince.(this was compulsary) This brand of extensions, (Amore Hair Extensions)he is 1 of 2 directors. After 2 years i have managed to now open my own hair salon. i love doing the extensions and have a few clients who have followed me. I rang the head office to buy the concept and was sent the form to fill out which i did, but the following day was told they couldnt sell me the concept with a reason that totally contradicts their forum, and also couldnt give me any names of someone higher up to speak to. i have looked into other brands but this is what i was taught and what i want to use. He is still bitter about me leaving after 2yrs and feel he that he is holding me back due to his own personal vendetta and nothing else. im wanting to promote his brand and nothing else. over the 7yrs i had never signed any contracts either. Do i have any grounding to pursue this? please help. Michelle H
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you elaborate on what is special about his hair extension method/products?

Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I note that you have seen but not responded to my query.

I'm sure I can assist you in understanding your options, but I do need to understand the nature of the extensions to ascertain whether restricted form using these extensions without your former employer's permission.