Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

24 February 2016 01:00, Thank you prompt response. I

Customer Question

24 February 2016 01:00
Hello Daniel,Thank you for your prompt response. I apologise the charge is not over 100,000 it is actually 10,000+ (12,500 est.)
I have sent an apology letter to my former employer and they have acknowledged they have received this. I have also been with my psychologist for more than 6 sessions and wish to be with her for as long as I need. I have accepted and signed a contract for a new job but it has nothing stating a police check as of yet - it is retail management, I have never had a police check before.In regards ***** ***** - I am willing to set up with my lawyer repayments as of now to help proceed my income stream, once I receive my first month of income I will provide this money.Do you know what the sentencing would be like for this amount? 8 charges, remorseful, pleading guilty, did not use this for greed but for need of financial hardship. I am concerned and really don't want to go to jail as my partner and my loans are dependent on me working. First time offender.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Here is the section and each count carries a maximum of 5 years imprisonment.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s398.html

Because you have pleaded guilty this will be in your favour.

Because you have done it 8 times and you are in a position of trust the court will deal with it more harshly than if you stole from someone that you did not know.

The following link is a case where $51K was stolen and in that case the court gave 3 years jail.

https://jade.barnet.com.au/Jade.html#!article=169174

Because this was run the court did not show any leniency. If you plead guilty the court will show more leniency.

I cannot say you will not go to jail but you have to show remorse and also provide character references to support them not giving you a jail term.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards