Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Moira and I'm on a charge of common assault.but have had

Customer Question

Moira and I'm on a charge of common assault.but have had mental health problems had been in hospital.the police took me to the police station and interviewed me when I was unwell.I did say I did do it but in self defense.but I have prior convictions.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had a argument with this woman.who did befriend me.then was trying to get to my ex partner at the time.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you elaborate on the nature of your mental health problems and whether or not you believe they may have had a role in the assault incident?

Why do you think there was an element of self defence?