Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Leon, Are you able to advise on how to make an application

Customer Question

Hi Leon, Are you able to advise on how to make an application in the Qld Courts to have a boarder (definitely a boarder, not a tenant) evicted from a privately owned home?
Many thanks, Sharon
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

The application has to be in the Magistrates Court as they do not come under the tenancy act.

You need to seek the court order they leave and if they refuse then you enforce it.

Here is some information

https://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Resources/Fact-sheets/General-tenancy-fact-sheets/Share-homes-cotenancies-and-subletting-fact-sheet

The RTA can assist you with more infomation. But is has to be in the magistrates Court.