Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My Right of Abode Certificate in my Australian Passport

Customer Question

Hi. My Right of Abode Certificate in my Australian Passport expires on 27/3/2016, and as far as I can gather, all new applications have to go through the Home Office, when previously it was done through the British High Commission in Canberra. I would be pleased if you would let me know how I can transfer the Certificate to my new passport. I
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** and my e-mil address is***@******.***. My enquiry is that my Right of Abode Certificate in my Australian Passport expires on 27/3/2016, and as far as I can gather,all new applications have to go through the Home Office instead of through the British High Commission in Canberra.I would be pleased if you would let me know how I can transfer the Certificate to my new Passport. Kind Regards, *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Where are you at present

Are you applying for a new passport?