Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have injured my shoulder at work on the 21/05/2015 and it

Customer Question

I have injured my shoulder at work on the 21/05/2015 and it got approved in October 2014. However between that time I have had a lot of time off. I used all my sick days and took more time off because they changed my shift when the incident happened and it was impossible for me to get to my appointments.
As of 5/12/2016 I was terminated from my place of Employment and I am on Workers Compensation and I just had surgery. Can my employer do this???? I have had 42 days of between 2014/2015 but most of it was workers compensation.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I have been given warnings about my attendance, but time and time again I have given them my work cover certificate and a sick certificate, even for 1 day. I walked into the office they asked for my ID badge and gave me a letter of termination and asked to leave. I didn't sign anything and now a week later I had my surgery. All covered by Workers Compensation. I just want my job back, maybe NOT full-time but I feel its unfair on how they treated me while I was going through all this.
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Did they give you a reason for your termination and when exactly were you terminated?

Your dates are a little confusing.

You went on workers compensation on 21 may 2015 and the claim accepted on October 2015?