Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I wish to obtain proof of the issue of my drivers

Customer Question

i wish to obtain proof of the issue of my drivers licence,First issued in Cunderdin, western australia june 1975.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

Neither the police nor the Department of Transport maintain a public register recording licensing beyond 5 years ago. Whilst there is little doubt they will have such records in archives somewhere there is no standard way to apply for a copy of old records of this type.

However, because the records almost certainly exist within government archives you should be able to obtain copies via a freedom of information request which you can read about here:

http://foi.wa.gov.au/

Unfortunately, be aware that you would be obliged to pay the governments reasonable costs in tracking down such a record.

I trust the above assists.

Good luck and PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.

Patrick

I note it has been some time since I povided my answer to you, but you haven't rated my answer yet and am wondering if there is anything further I can do for you to ensure a positive rating.

Patrick