kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

Am I to blame? I have a caravan park and whil guiding a

Customer Question

Am I to blame? I have a caravan park and whil guiding a customer onto his site I walked from his drivers side to the passenger side to watch he did not hit the large white guide post. He was looking at me and while reversing he scraped his side front fender and bumper bar on the large white post on his side. Am I to blame?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. The way you have described what occurred, it would appear that you were responsible for watching the passenger side, not the other side. However if you were standing at the front of the car watching it reverse to not hit two poles at the front of it, you may bear some responsibility. It's a bit hard to tell without a diagram. Are you able to draw one and attach it here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did draw a diagram but can not paste it here.
Front of CarME
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was at the window of the passengers side when he hit the post.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Assuming I am not responsible, what should I say or do now?
Should I offer to pay his excess on his insurance, or does that just leave me open for more liability?
Expert:  kmslaw replied 9 months ago.

If we assume that you are not responsible, you should not pay the excess on his insurance. If you are not responsible, you are not liable. Does that help you?